Parks Status Social Distancing Best Practices
Classes and programs may be held if they are able to be modified to meet state and local guidelines. All programs are subject to modification or cancellation.
Social Distancing Best Practices
Parks and open space provide necessary respite, especially during challenging times. We invite you to breathe in the fresh air and enjoy nature. To continue to enjoy Raleigh parks and greenways safely, we recommend you do the following:
- Always keep at least 6 feet between you and others.
- Visit the park or trails early in the morning or later in the day.
- Walk, jog, hike, and bike in a single file on the trail.
- When crossing a bridge on the trail, allow one group or trail user to pass at a time to maintain 6 feet distance.
- Avoid gathering in groups at trailheads or other areas.
- Warn other greenway users when passing by calling out or using your bike bell.
- When someone approaches you on the greenway, step to the side and let them pass.
- To improve social distancing, consider visiting less busy trails or parks. See our Park Locator to find the park closest to you.
- Always follow the CDC's personal hygiene guidance.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms, do not visit the park or trails. However, people with COVID-19 may not exhibit symptoms, so it is important to practice all of the above guidelines even if feeling well.
Thank you for being smart and safe, Raleigh!