Submittal Requirements Submittal Instructions Fees
Before You Apply
The property must be zoned in a district that allows the proposed use (i.e. Vehicle Sales) The zoning district can be found by using the City of Raleigh Zoning Map and entering the address of the property. The permitted uses based on zoning district can be found in UDO Section 6.1.4.
If the property is properly zoned for this type of business a zoning permit for an auto dealership must be obtained prior to applying for any signs.
The following information must be provided with the submittal:
- Automobile Dealer Application (print in color)
- Landlord Approval for Automobile Dealer (required if the applicant does not own the space)
- Scaled plan drawing of auto dealer, proposed parking, and display area:
- required parking (to include details about customers, handicap, employees, display)
- location of the building(s)
Digital submittal: Applications, plan sets drawn to a measurable scale, and other supporting documents must be submitted via email as separate PDF files. (Note: PDF is the only accepted file format)
- Plan sets must be one PDF file. Plans must be the same sheet size.
- If multiple supporting documents are required, each document must be its own PDF file.
Email subject lines should include the following:
- New Submittals: Indicate “New Submittal” and scope of work (alteration, repair, new building, auto dealer zoning permit, etc.)
- Resubmittals: Indicate “Resubmittal” and include your case number and scope of work (alteration, repair, new building, zoning permit, etc.)
If your file is too large to email
- Send a link to your file on Dropbox or another file-sharing site to the appropriate project email address. This information must be provided in the body of the email. Please only place pertinent files in Dropbox and ensure no password is required for easy retrieval by staff.
Submit via email to: CommercialBuilding@raleighnc.gov